Search Engine Marketing for Your Business
If you didn’t already know, Google gobbled up 65.7% of ALL online searches performed in December of 2009 (according to comScore). This means you need to be able to position your business in front of these potential customers or your competitors will.
It has been said that “Search Engine Optimization is a marathon not a sprint“. Now, I don’t know about you, but after seeing Paul Kibii Tergat set a world record in 2003 with a time of 2:04:55, a marathon pace can be very fast.
Let’s break it down a little further. That’s an average pace of 2:57 per kilometer (20.3 km/hr) or 4:46 per mile (12.6 MPH). That is incredibly fast for such a long distance.
That is how we do business here at our Los Angeles SEO & California SEO firm. We want to dig in hard and dig in fast. We want to hold a strong and steady pace until the very end. Whether it’s a marathon or a sprint, it’s still a competition. Your competition, regardless of your business, is making more profits.
Search Engine Marketing is Changing
Getting first page listing in the major search engines (Google, Yahoo! & MSN) is more than just business – it’s pride and credibility. If you’re not at least on the 1st page, you’re treading water and waiting to be eaten up. And if you’re not within the top 5 positions, you just lost about 80% of all potential clients.
You should be concentrating on making more profits, not just more sales. We don’t just do SEO here. We’re more than that. We’ll analyze your business inside and out (as much as you are willing to disclose) and come up with a search engine marketing game plan that will help you win whatever competition you decide to get into.
If you don’t have the know-how or the time to quickly get your site ranking high in the search engines, then request a free analysis and consultation. No hard-selling of anything, we’ll just talk about where you are and where you want to be.
Here’s a great example:
There was a client that was consistently making a profit of $2,500 every month from 40-45 sales. We made 3 simple changes (the site looked almost exactly the same) and they made that profit in only 4 days! We had boosted their profits by 750%… with less than 20 sales!
As unbelievable as it is, it’s very achievable for clients such as this simply because of appearance. Btw, this was accomplished without increasing traffic whatsoever! By making those 3 simple changes, our client instantly became more credible and each customer ended up purchasing MORE products!
After these 3 simple changes, we proceeded with over a dozen other proven concepts. If you would like to have a free analysis of your website, just request a free analysis from us and one of our highly trained search engine marketing experts will get back with you to share our investigative results and analysis of your current or future business.
Improving Your SERPs in The Search Engines
In all honesty, SEO has 2 parts. First is on-site optimization and second is the off-site optimization. Pretty simple, right? When these 2 halves blend together in HARMONY, you’re talking about making some serious money.
On-site optimization is the preparation of your site to be crawled, indexed and viewed by search engines and users. Off-site optimization is the actual process of promoting your site in a way that makes it look more popular to the search engines.
Part of that process is link building – getting others to link to your website. The reason being linked by others will improve your ranking is because each link being targeted back to you is kind of like a vote of credibility. The more credible you are, the more respectable you are. The more respectable you are, the more trustworthy you are. And the more trustworthy you are, the better you rank!
The best way to improve your website is to optimize it for readers, but there’s more to it than that. Especially if you are wanting to focus on getting traffic for specific keyword phrases. Today, don’t EVER target single keywords. Instead, go for two word phrases or more (also known as long-tail keywords). The process of analyzing and selecting keywords to target is simply called keyword research and analysis.
A great place to get started is Google’s free keyword tool. You can look up specific keywords and see how many people are searching for the keyword, the average searches performed, AdWords competition and much more. Yes, it’s free!
Our General Process of Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization:
- Analyze The Website: We first analyze the existing website and determine where it stands in the SERPs (search engine ranking pages), current keyword ranking, PR (Google page rank), traffic ranking, existing traffic, traffic sources, current on-site optimization status (good or bad), off-site optimization, number indexed pages, number of linked sites and much more.
- Keyword Research & Analysis: After analyzing your website, we will know what type of keywords your site could possibly target. We’ll then determine the competition level and advise which keywords to go for organically and which ones it would be best to just use PPC (pay-per-click advertising).
- On-Page Optimization: After determining what keywords to target organically, we’ll then be able to inject these keywords into the proper pages. We’ll ensure that your page title, description/keyword meta tag and content reflect EXACTLY what needs to be seen both by the search engines and by the visitors.Our on-page optimization also includes improving your anchor text, forms, alt tags, creating a robots file, sitemaps and/or 301 redirect, changing your content, images and layout.
- Off-site Optimization: From this point, we begin our off-site optimization process where we get other websites to link back to yours. The more sites that link to you, the better your site will rank.Avoid paying for reciprocal or one-way links like the one-way-links.com program some people recommend and rave about. These links are becoming obsolete and voided by the searches. Don’t take our word for it, read what Matt Cutts (one of Google’s HEAD engineer) has to say about paid one-way links.
- Monitor & Management: During this phase of search engine marketing, we constantly analyze your status in the SERPs. We’ll report the changes and inform you of the needed actions to ensure that you rank high and stay high. A good SEO firm not only gathers the data, interprets it and takes action, but also take the time to teach you and keep you informed of what needs to be done. This makes you a better business person and better equipped to run your business.
It’s easier to list our generic process than it is to do, but it helps that we have a set step-by-step system in place to follow. We can apply this system to your website and ensure that your website not only looks good, but rank high in the search engines.
Just request a free analysis from our Los Angeles SEO & California SEO team and we’ll even give you a free 15-minute consultation call to help you understand the data we gather and begin a project that will make you more money. We guarantee an improved ROI or your money back! See our rates and terms for more information.